Mini and Micro Valves, Pumps and Dosing Systems from Microfluidic Expert Burkert
Mini and micro valves, pumps and dosing systems are compact and suitable for scientific or medical laboratories and equipment manufacturing.
MicroFluid Valves, Pumps and Dosing Equipment Features
Burkert range of micro sized valves and micro sized pumps have been German manufactured for maximum quality and minimum size, with all units incorporating compact dimensions for applications in which space is limited. These include the Type 6604 and 6606 solenoid valves, the 7616 micro dosing units and the 7604 micro pumps.
Manufactured with advanced engineered thermoplastic polyetheretherketone (PEEK) and stainless steel:
- Burkert micro range is rated for neutral to pure aggressive organic and inorganic fluidic media
- Certified for use in high grade, hygienic and hostile environments to 55 C
- Many units are bidirectional, to enhance flexibility of system design
MicroFluidic Valves, Pumps and Dosing Equipment Applications
Burkert range is engineered for precision and accuracy, catering for:
- Laboratory applications
- Medical applications
- OEM applications
- Pharmaceutical applications
Typical applications involve continuous low flow, micro dosing, probe or sample preparation (for HPLC). Burkert MicroFluidic componentry is also applied in the replacement of peristaltic pumps and replacement of syringes in pipetting.
Type 6604 Micro Solenoid Valves
- The Type 6604 micro solenoid valve with orifice DN 0.6mm offers fast and precise switching technology with reliable media separation
- Energy consumption of 1.5W makes the solenoid valve unit ideal for battery powering in stand alone form, or as part of a multi station manifold
- The 6604 solenoid valve has an internal chamber from 15µm, and operates with fluids to 21mm2/s
- Design advances have introduced a gap free internal design and reduced heat transfer and dead volume to negligible levels
Type 7604 Micro Pumps
- The quiet 7604 micro pump delivers a continuous laminar flow 1mL/min to 5 mL/min, with minimal pulsation
- The micro pump integrates an electronic isolator and runs with low 1.5W power, ideal for mobile and battery operated systems
- The 7604 micro pump can alternatively operate at a single externally set rate without power. Just 11mm wide, the 7604 micro pump has a 1000 million cycle lifespan and high reliability
The 7616 Micro Dosing Units
- The 7616 micro dosing unit offers high repeatability, and is ideal for the precise dosing of micro amounts of liquid and gas
- The micro dosing unit doses amounts of 0.5µm to 5µm, at up to 900 cycles per minute
With significant ongoing research and development programmes in place worldwide, Burkert Fluid Control Systems has invested in the development of high tech micro solutions to compliment its partnership with global leaders including Switzerland Roche RIC, Japan Nihon Medi-Physics and Australia SGE water quality analysers.