Improving Safety in Your Warehouse
Improve critical safety in your warehouse with Storage Ideas Pallet Racking Safety Inspections and Colby Protectarac pallet protection.
In most warehouses pallet racking often suffers accidental damage from forklifts. Damage to racks compromises the safety of a warehouse and in some cases can even lead to further damages, loss, personal injury or even death. Such catastrophes can be avoided if preventative measures are diligently applied as a minimum standard.
Pallet Racking safety Inspections
Storage Ideas offers Visual Rack Safety Audits to comply with OH&S standards. Our experienced operations team are equipped to carry out all repairs to pallet racking including:
- A visual inspection of your pallet racking
- A comprehensive report detailing the nature and location of any faults detected
- Recommended action for each fault detected to ensure both serviceability and safety of the pallet racking is maintained.
- A quotation to carry out the rectifications required
The main hazards that require attention are:
- Physical damage to racking
- Mis-alignment of racking
- Looseness of floor fittings
- Suitability of forklift trucks
- Weight of stored goods versus capacity of racking system
Protect Your Pallet Racking
Protecting pallet rack is one area of warehouse safety that is often neglected
Applying the principle “prevention is better than a cure”, Storage Ideas offers a number of rack protection systems to prevent accidental pallet racking damage from forklifts.
Colby Protectarack has been shown to outperform traditional steel and plastic rack protection systems because of its unique design and tapered profile.
Protectarack outperforms traditional pallet racking protection because it substantially increases the stiffness of the rack upright by transferring any forces from an impact to the rack frame cross bracing, the strongest section of the rack.
Designed to be fitted to just about any type of pallet-racking, it simply slips over and is bolted directly to the front face of a rack upright eliminating the need to install masonry anchors in the floor.