FCI Mass Flow Meters for Rugged Environments from AMS Instrumentation and Calibration
FCI mass flow meters from AMS Instrumentation and Calibration are designed to be used in rough conditions and all feature thermal dispersion mass flow sensing elements
AMS Instrumentation and Calibration offer a variety of Fluid Components International (FCI) mass flow meters to measure gas flow, air flow and thermal mass flow.
The ST Series mass flow meters are designed for rugged environments typically found in the oil/gas, chemical, electric power, pulp/paper and wastewater treatment industries and applications.
The unit’s no moving parts, non clogging flow sensing element provides direct mass flow output and features built in temperature compensation. Flow measurement equipment from AMS are ideal for use in a wide range of process and plant gas applications, including compressed air, hydrocarbon gases and inert gases.
ST98 Thermal Mass Flow Meter
The ST98 mass flow meter sets the industry standard for performance and value with a reliable thermal mass flow sensor in a smart electronics package.
- Operate over a wide flow range from 0.21 to 172 NMPS in air with a standard flow accuracy of +1 percent of reading, +0.5 percent of full scale
- Easy to set up, configure, troubleshoot and maintain, thanks to the Profibus communications featuring Device Type Manager (DTM)
- Transmitter electronics accept universal AC or 24 Vdc input power
- Hused in an IP66 rated enclosure with optional ATEX/FM/CSA/CENELEC/IECeX (pending) approved explosion proof enclosures
- IECeX is pending
ST75 Mass Air Flow Meters
The ST75 are a highly accurate, direct mass flow meter for air or gas measurement applications in smaller line sizes from 6 to 51 mm.
- Flow range spans 0.07 to 1425 NCMH in air, with an accuracy of +2 percent of reading, +0.5 percent of full scale
- Suitable for service in a wide range of industrial processes
- With FCI’s optional wireless IR link, any Palm-OS based PDA can communicate with the ST75, which simplifies configuration updates, calibration downloads and more
- Standard triple analogue outputs include both a fully scaleable 4-20mA and 0-10V, which are user assignable to flow rate and/or temperature, as well as a 0-1kHz pulse output of total flow
- Agency approvals: FM, CSA and CRN, ATEX and IECeX are pending
ST50 Mass Flow Meters
Small, compact and low cost, the ST50 mass flow meters are insertion style mass flow meters for air, compressed air or nitrogen flow measurements.
- Designed for line sizes from 51 to 610 mm, they install easily through a single tap point and configuration set up takes only minutes
- The ST50 mass digital flow meters operate over a flow range of 0.23 to 122 MPS in air, with an accuracy of +2 percent of reading, +0.5 percent of full scale
- With its highly reliable thermal dispersion mass flow sensing element, the ST50 mass flow meters are ideal for a wide range of applications
- Agency approvals: FM, CSA and CRN, ATEX and IECex are pending
All FCI ST Series mass flow meters from AMS Instrumentation and Calibration feature an advanced thermal dispersion type mass flow sensing element, which uses two matched, precision platinum resistance temperature detectors (RTDs).
One RTD is heated relative to the reference RTD, and the temperature difference between the two is linearised and conditioned to directly measure the gas’ mass flow rate. The sensing elements have no moving parts and are non clogging to achieve excellent long term reliability with virtually no maintenance.