ICP Australia is proud to introduce ICP DAS’s IEC850-211-S, which is a Modbus TCP to IEC-61850 Gateway. IEC 61850 is an international standard defining communication protocols for intelligent electronic devices at electrical substations. It is developed by the International Electrotechnical Commission’s (IEC) Technical Committee 57 reference architecture for electric power systems.
The objective of the standard is to specify requirements and to provide a framework to achieve interoperability between the IEDs supplied from different suppliers. This protocol can run over TCP/IP networks or substation LANs using high-speed switched Ethernet to obtain the necessary response times below four milliseconds for protective relaying.
IEC850-211-S is a network gateway allowing the IEC-61850 MMS client to access the Modbus TCP network as a Modbus TCP client. IEC-61850 protocol is used in substation automation. The IEDs exchange information with other IEDs or SCADA via the IEC-61850 protocol for protection and control devices. IEC850-211-S support Logical Node GGIO and Data Object Ind, IntIn, SPCSO, ISCSO. It also supports data sets and an unbuffered report function to exchange data with a client.
• Read/Write Modbus Register via IEC-61850
• Maps Modbus Registers to IEC-61850 Data Objects via Utility Automatically
• Supports Logical Node GGIO and Data Object Ind, IntIn, SPCSO, ISCSO
• Offers Secure Remote Operations with a Select-Before-Operate Feature
• Supports Modbus Function Code 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
• Allows up to 32 Modbus TCP Server and 5 IEC-61850 MMS Client Connections
• Allows 9600 Modbus Registers in Total. (Includes coil, discrete inputs, input registers, and hold registers)
• Provides ICD File via Utility