ICP Australia is proud to introduce ICP DAS’s GW-7828, which is a Modbus RTU Slave to M-Bus Master Gateway. The M-Bus (“Meter-Bus”) is a standard for remote reading of meters. It is usable for most types of consumption meters as well as for various sensors and actuators. The GW-7828 is specially designed for the M-Bus slave device. It offers Modbus RTU communication by three kinds of interface, RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485.
On hardware, the GW-7828 has two rotary switches for serial port and M-Bus port baud rate. The GW-7828 supports Modbus RTU function code 0x03 and 0x04 to read data of M-Bus meters. Through this design, it is easy to communicate with any standard M-Bus slave
M-Bus (Meter-Bus) is a communication interface widely used for remote reading of meters such as electricity meters, water meters, heat meters, etc. It is easy to install for its two-wire system already includes power and communication function. M-Bus has its own physical layer and protocol. Therefore, it is usually required to be switched to other systems, such as Modbus, to facilitate the overall application.
- Supports M-Bus Standard: EN-13757, CJ/T -188
- Supports Modbus RTU Function Code 0x03 and 0x04 to Read Meter data
- Baud rate: Adjustable by Rotary Switch From 300 to 115200 bps
- Supports up to 100 M-Bus Slaves
- M-Bus Over Current Protection
- Short-Circuit Protection on the M-Bus
- Update Firmware From Serial Port
- Provides PWR, MTX and MRX 3 LED Indicators