Ideal 61-797 digital insulation meters available from TRIO Test & Measurement are designed for periodic testing of insulation for signs of insulation deterioration in electrical components in commercial or industrial environments.
Ideal 61-797 digital insulation meters can detect insulation deterioration that can potentially lead to breakdowns in electrical systems, generators, switchgears and motor windings.
The 61-797 insulation meters can also prevent the dangerous occurrence of short circuits or short to grounds. Insulation testing is most effective when it is part of a scheduled maintenance program.
The handheld insulation meters are compactly designed for ease of use and durable enough to withstand the rigours of heavy commercial and industrial usage.
The 61-797 is purpose-designed to identify whether insulation is performing at an effective, safe level.
Key features of the Ideal 61-797 digital insulation meters:
- Technicians can use test leads to quickly determine insulation integrity in new and existing wiring
- Identifies capacitive, absorption and leakage current at multiple test voltages (50V, 100V, 250V, 500V and 1000V) and resistance up to 20G ohms
- Measures earth bond resistance to verify the continuity of earth bond connections
- Automatically senses and displays AC/DC voltage to 600V, plus calculates the Polarization Index (PI) and Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR)
- Repetitive testing is made easier with Pass/Fail function and internal storage of values
- ‘Twist-on’ alligator clips supplied with the equipment to fit over the test leads
- Remote test button for two-handed operation
- Features 600V Cat IV safety rating with self-disabling feature when connected to a live circuit exceeding 30 volts
- Front panel also includes a prominent live voltage hazard indicator to warn the technician before use on an energised circuit
- Automatically discharges any capacitive voltage from the equipment under test once testing is complete to prevent shock hazards
The Ideal 61-797 is available in Australia directly from Trio Test & Measurement and comes complete with carrying case, test leads and batteries.