Available now from Trio Test & Measurement, the Agilent U1401B Multifunction Process Calibrator makes simultaneous sourcing and measuring possible with a single tool.
Signal conditioners and loop powered isolators are commonly used in process control systems. These typically involve high-accuracy signals and demand periodic calibration to ensure optimum performance.
Calibration requires sourcing a known signal into the device and measuring its output. For instance, calibration of a loop-powered isolator with 4-20 mA input/output range involves accurately simulating a known mA signal into the isolator and measuring its corresponding mA output to ensure that it is performing within its specifications. In order to be well equipped for this task, a calibrator and digital multimeter are required.
This is no longer the case however with Agilent's U1401B Multifunction Process Calibrator. This single meter equips the user with both sourcing and measuring capabilities so it is no longer necessary to carry a separate digital multimeter.
The U1401B Multifunction Process Calibrator also features a built in Pulse Generator that can conveniently simulate the flow meter's output pulses into the signal conditioner, without needing a separate function generator.
Flow meters output pulses with frequencies that are proportional to the rate of flow of liquid that passes through its bladed turbine rotor. These pulses are then fed through to a signal conditioner. Calibration of the signal conditioner requires injecting known pulse signals into it and checking that the resulting output is what it should be.
Other key features of the Agilent U1401B Multifunction Process Calibrator include:
- Dual display with bright LCD backlight
- Simultaneous signal source and measure for all-in-one-tool convenience
- Source bipolar voltage and current, square-wave signal, with auto SCAN and RAMP output modes
- Measure DC, AC, AC+DC, resistance, temperature, frequency, pulse width, duty cycle; check diode and continuity
- Three year warranty for greater assurance of quality and reliability
- 4-20 mA and 0-20 mA percentage scale readout
- 50,000 count true-RMS DMM
- Built-in battery charging capability.
The Agilent U1401B Multifunction Process Calibrator is provided complete with:
- Certificate of Calibration
- Rechargeable battery pack
- Power adapter and cord
- Calibrator/meter test lead kit; and
- mA simulation test lead.