The Agilent Infiniium 86100C DCA-J wideband oscilloscope is a sampling oscilloscope available from TRIO Test & Measurement. This comprehensive multi-function analyser is used for analysing high-speed electrical and optical signals. The 86100C Infiniium DCA-J combines high accuracy and repeatability with ease of use to simplify the characterising signals from 50MHz to 80GHz.
Digital designers can combine the mainframe and modules into four key instruments with signal integrity performance, including:
- A full-function oscilloscope with bandwidth in excess of 80GHz, ensuring accurate waveform measurements
- A digital communications analyser with automated eye diagram analysis for transmitter compliance testing
- An accurate jitter and interference analyser, measuring subcomponent jitter sources with one-button ease of use
- A full-function time domain reflectometer (TDR/TDT) for high precision impedance and S-parameter analysis
The DC to >80GHz wideband sampling scopes that is 4 instruments in one (high-bandwidth scope, digital communications analyser, time domain reflectometer, and jitter analyser) with a modular platform.
The digital communications analyser modes include:
Oscilloscope with bandwidth in excess of 80GHz, ensuring accurate waveform measurements
Eye diagram analyser for both optical and electrical transmitter compliance testing to >40 Gb/s
Jitter and interference analyser, measuring subcomponent jitter and amplitude interference sources
Time domain reflectometry/transmission (TDR/TDT) for high precision impedance analysis including S-parameters
The key features include:
- User configurable oscilloscope consisting of mainframe with slots for two modules (4 optical or electrical channels)
- Advance measurements with one-button ease of use
- Trigger bandwidth up to > 13GHz (option 001)
- Clock recovery with adjustable loop bandwidth
This oscilloscope has backward compatibility with:
- All modules from the 54750A High-Bandwidth Digitizing Oscilloscope family
- All modules from the 83480A Digital Communications Analyser family
- All modules from the 86100A/B Digital Communications Analyser family
The main differences from the Infiniium 90000A Digital Signal Analyzer Series oscilloscope is a real time scope that is able to trigger on any fast pulse up to a bandwidth of 13Ghz with 40GSa/s speed and 1Gpts on each channel. The Infiniium 86100C DCA-J wideband oscilloscope is suitable for high speed digital communications and device characterisations using repetitive sampling of up to 80Ghz. It has a low jitter residue, when fitted with the 86108A Precision Waveform Analyser modules.