AEMC’s MiniFlex AC current transformers are a new line of flexible transformers consisting of a flexible sensor and an electronic module. The flexible sensor permits measurements on conductors where standard clamp-on probes cannot be used.
The compact MiniFlex AC current transformers can be installed in confined spaces or difficult-to-access places and even wrapped around irregular shapes.
The lightweight AEMC MiniFlex AC current transformers do not use magnetic cores like standard transformers. Instead, the transformation principle is based on an air core that presents virtually no load to the system under test, has a low phase shift as well as excellent frequency response and cannot be damaged by overloads.
Applications of AEMC MiniFlex AC current transformers:
- Power measurements
- Measurements on switchboards
- Measurements on thyristors
- Switching measurements
Key features of AEMC MiniFlex AC current transformers:
- Offers an mV output proportional to the current measured for direct readings on DMMs, data loggers, oscilloscopes, and power or harmonic meters
- True RMS measurements can be taken when connected to a True RMS meter
- Insensitive to DC currents with only the AC component of the measured signal being measured
- Flexible sensor is available in lengths of 15cm and 25cm
- Battery-powered electronic module provides for Off, low range and high range selections with measurement range of 0.5A to 3000A
- Displays control signals
- 1MHz frequency response
- Typical 140 hours of continuous operation with a 9V battery
- EN 61010, 1000V CAT III, 600V CAT IV and CE Mark
The AEMC MiniFlex and the complete range of AEMC test equipment are available in Australia directly from TRIO Test & Measurement.