The AEMC Model 6505 5000V (5KV) Insulation Testers are portable instruments housed in a rugged field case that operates on either battery or line power.
These 5KV Insulation Testers can perform voltage, insulation, and capacitance measurements. Insulation resistances up to 10,000GΩ (10TΩ) can be measured and test voltages from 40 to 5100 can be selected.
The AEMC Model 6505 is designed with the highest level of built-in safety features. This meter incorporates test inhibit capabilities which will not allow test voltages to be generated if a live sample is detected. The test terminals are recessed to ensure operating safety.
Applications of the AEMC Model 6505, 5KV Insulation Testers:
- Timed resistance measurements
- Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR) and Polarization Index (PI) tests
- Testing old or water damaged installations over long time runs
- Testing insulation on cables, transformers, motors, generators, insulators and wiring installations
- High resistance tests or absorption tests
- User selectable voltage testing to provide application specific testing
The AEMC Model 6505, 5KV Insulation Testers are available in Australia directly from TRIO Test & Measurement.