The SCHMIDT+HAENSCH purity analyser, available from Thermo Fisher Scientific is an automated laboratory analysing system that can be used for the determination of the purity of sugar cane and beet in the sugar industry. The modular structure of the SCHMIDT+HAENSCH purity analyser permits the direct coupling of a DUR measuring head (refractometer) to a SACCHAROMAT (polarimeter). This purity analyser can be combined with a printer to print all data relevant to the instrument and the measured values.
The different applications of the SCHMIDT+HAENSCH purity analyser include purity analysis of raw, intermediate and final products of sugar cane and beet processing as well as reception control in pharmaceutical and food industries.
Features of the SCHMIDT+HAENSCH purity analyser include:
- Combination of a sugar polarimeter or SACCHAROMAT with a refractometer measuring head
- Both instruments controlled by the electronic unit of the polarimeter and display of the measured values on the configurable display
- Measurement of sugar concentration and indication in °Z and Brix as well as calculation of the percentage of purity of the sugar according to Schmitz-Table weighting method
- Temperature and Brix value corrected separately
- Automatic setting of ID numbers
- Permanent indication of optical density
- Measurement without clarification using a NIR wavelength
- Precision and reproducibility of the measured values in accordance with requirements of quality control and payment systems