Thermal imagers from testo can be employed to monitor photovoltaic systems of all sizes to detect malfunctioning and ensure the smooth operation of all components.
The testo 876 thermal imagers provide simple, quick and reliable thermography of photovoltaic systems in a way that is wide-ranging, contactless and exceptionally efficient. By detecting malfunctions and ensuring all components function smoothly, the thermal imagers enable maximum cost-effectiveness.
Faults that occur when operating photovoltaic systems can be quickly diagnosed from a solar radiation of 500 – 600 W/m² via marked changes to the thermal properties using testo thermal imagers.
Potential malfunctions include:
- Defective bypass diodes
- Contact faults and short circuits in solar cells
- Penetrated humidity and contamination
- Cracks in cells or in the module's glass
- Non-functioning or disconnected modules
- Loss of performance due to different capacities of individual modules
testo 876 thermal imagers help guarantee the operational security of the photovoltaic system while increasing the efficiency factor.
Key features of testo 876 thermal imagers:
- Flexible camcorder design
- Enables detection of power losses in the PV system while in operation easily and efficiently
- Large rotatable display and optional telephoto lens allow the right image section to be in view
- Solar irradiation data in W/m² can be entered into the camera easily using the solar mode
- Stores data for each thermal image, which is available for analysis in the evaluation software