Labels are important in the beverage industry as they identify the brand. No less important from a beer and beverage manufacturer’s perspective is the label that is applied to each pallet. Identifying labels need to be applied more than once and once applied, need to stay there and be legible from the initial application through to delivery.
Pallet identification is a crucial area for accuracy as inaccurate, incomplete or illegible labels slow output and raise production costs.
The Fosters Group needed a customised labelling solution that would meet the high demands of their industry, and be time saving and robust enough to withstand 24/7 production schedules.
Labelling solutions specialist, insignia specialises in the supply of Domino and Mectec systems of label printing systems and label applicators.
Key features of Domino label printers:
- Swedish design and manufacture
- No plastic, only stainless steel and aluminium with standard Festo pneumatics and SICK sensors
- Designed to manage up to 40,000 labels a day every day
- Ease of use with simple and fast label loading
- Simple integration into existing systems
- Flexibility in terms of differing tamp arm options and smart application technologies
- Modularity and easy to acquire replacement parts reduce downtime for parts replacement
- Two-side pallet applicator with electric lifting legs
- Automatically labels two sides of a pallet with just one stop of the pallet
- Labels printed in high resolution 220/300 DPI
- Comes in right-hand or left hand version
- Provides alerts on low label or ribbon levels
- Tamp/Tamp-Blow allows smooth application of the label, eliminating wrinkles that can render barcodes ineffective for scanning
insignia offers reliable solutions for companies such as the simple label applicator systems supplied to Foster’s warehouse network. insignia’s solutions will ensure unified production systems across all warehouses while their national presence will provide the assurance of quality service and support.