Proficy change management from GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms provides the functionality to manage and maintain programs and projects in a manufacturing environment. Using version control, security, audit trailing, and scheduled verifications, you can get a handle on what is happening in the plant. Proficy change management and Proficy machine edition are available from iOpen .
Proficy change management provides the ability to increase plant uptime by ensuring backups
are available in the event of an emergency and by helping prevent user errors. It can also help
meet regulatory requirements by providing security and detailed auditing. Customers can improve safety and maintain product quality by tracking and detecting unauthorised changes to control programs before they become a problem.
Because Proficy change management and Proficy machine edition are built on the same technology, the combination provides a comprehensive solution. Proficy change management automatically supports any machine edition based product. This includes Proficy logic developer, Proficy motion developer and Proficy view. In addition to the standard functionality, Proficy change management offers detailed security and audit trailing for machine edition components.
Proficy logic developer users get detailed security settings that allow control over what functions each user or group of users is allowed to perform on the controllers. These include:
- Online access – This can be configured for ‘No Access’, ‘Monitor Only’, ‘Data Changes’,
or full access
- Logic changes – Controls whether or not the current user is allowed to edit the logic portion
of the control
- Controller state – Controls whether the user can start/stop the controller. In addition to these
permissions, there are several general machine edition permissions that allow users to control
the common project functions
- Edit project – Controls what level of changes a user can perform on the offline files, and can
be set to ‘Read Only’, ‘Edit Documentation’, or ‘Full Access.’
- Edit variables – Controls whether or not the user is allowed to edit the variable lists. (add, create or delete)
- Edit I/O – Controls whether or not the user can modify the I/O configuration for the project
- Edit targets – Controls whether or not the user can change, insert or delete targets (PLCs)
from a project
- Download to target – Controls whether or not the user is allowed to download to a device
- Upload from target – Controls whether or not the user is allowed to read from the device