Proficy I/O drivers from GE Intelligent Platforms are a powerful range of full featured connectivity solutions that are robust, reliable as well as easy-to-use and deliver results.
Device connections using Proficy I/O drivers will be reliable and fast thanks to the rigorous quality-testing in GE labs, with partners and in the field.
Proficy I/O drivers enable powerful data connections to various devices for control, data acquisitions and visualisation, fuelling innovative software solutions for a sustainable competitive advantage.
GE Proficy I/O drivers offer two main components:
- Industrial Gateway Server (IGS) OPC server
- HMI/SCADA drivers
- Provides OPC-based connectivity for the Proficy software suite
- Standalone connectivity package includes a base set of 100 drivers based on industry standard protocols
- Provides stable, reliable connections to thousands of mixed vendor devices and instruments for any of the Proficy software packages
- Can be shared with third party applications
- Optional ‘Premium’ driver package can be added to extend connectivity further
Proficy HMI/SCADA Drivers
- Provides direct and/or standalone single driver OPC connections into the Proficy HMI/SCADA iFIX and CIMPLICITY packages
- Based on industry-standard and proprietary protocols
- Specifically designed for Proficy HMI/SCADA iFIX and/ or CIMPLICITY
- Delivers integrated and/ or OPC standalone single driver options
- Offers the choice of enabling within iFIX or CIMPLICITY systems, or operating independently as separate OPC server-based instances
- Each OPC instance of these drivers connects to a single device type, enabling high-performance dedicated channels for control and visualisation
Proficy I/O Drivers are available from iOpen , a provider of plant business and process automation solutions.