Hand Plasma Cutting Machines with superior cut quality by Hypertherm Westgate
Westgate Hi-Tech Machinery represents Hypertherm Powermax range of hand cutting machines. The range of plasma cutting machines consists of six models, offering a solution for all manual plasma cutting and gouging needs.
Plasma is created by applying electrical energy to a gas, which increases its temperature significantly.
The Hypertherm Powermax system use plasma’s intense heat to melt metal and a high pressure air or nitrogen to blow the molten metal away leaving an edge with a good quality that minimises the need for secondary operations.
Hand Plasma Cutters with Contact Start
The Hypertherm Powermax plasma metal cutting equipment from Westgate Hi-Tech Machinery feature contact start instead of high frequency start. This leads to increased consumable life.
- Fast cut speeds
- Outputs from 30 Amps to 100 Amps
- Weight starts at 9kg
- Cuts with shop air
- Little or no secondary operations and no pre-heating
- Effective for gouging metal
- Cut any electrically conductive metal
- Models available in 240v or 415V
- Drag cutting capability that makes a Powermax very easy to use
- Easy to Use
- No flammable gases
- High portability
- Pre heating not required
- Lower fumes and less noise
- Simple controls and good arc visibility
- From the shop to the field, cutting or gouging stainless, mild steel or aluminium, you can leverage a Powermax system for many jobs
- Low operating costs
- High productivity and long consumable life minimise operating costs