element14 Pty Ltd has expanded its portfolio of semiconductors and passive components from Vishay Intertechnology in Asia Pacific.
The strategic alliance allows engineers in the region to access a diverse selection of semiconductors and passives, providing a ‘one-stop’ solution for their design needs.
element14 (formerly Farnell) offers next day delivery for most cities in Asia Pacific for its diverse portfolio of discrete semiconductors and passive components from Vishay, a leading specialist in semiconductor and passives solutions.
As designs grow increasingly complex and end-users demand more multifunctional and intuitive electronics, engineers are constantly challenged to integrate a wide spectrum of components, while ensuring that the different components in their designs are compliant with one another, allowing the end products to run at an optimal level.
This is especially true for semiconductors and passives, which are the building blocks and veins of all electronic designs.
Johnson Koo, Vishay’s Senior Vice President of Sales, Asia comments that their partnership with element14 provides them with an excellent platform for engineers across Asia Pacific to access their full range of product offerings, ensuring that they will not need to look beyond Vishay and element14 to meet their requirements.
He adds that Vishay’s extended portfolio will help boost efficiency, reduce the time-to-market cycle and ensure high performance and quality end products.
According to William Chong, Regional Director of Supplier Marketing, element14, Asia Pacific, element14 complements Vishay products with customer services such as technical support and an online community for engineers.
Additionally, the element14 knode consolidates all design resources including experts, design tools, services, hardware, software and up-to-date technical information into a single dynamic reference point, helping to improve time-to-market and productivity for the design process.
Vishay’s diverse portfolio of semiconductor and passive solutions, available on element14 includes the latest discrete semiconductors and passive components such as capacitors, diodes and resistors to address the needs of the industrial, automotive, consumer, telecommunications and power supplies markets.
Key features of Vishay 3-Ω, high bandwidth, dual SPDT analogue switches:
- Low-voltage dual single-pole/double-throw monolithic CMOS analogue switches
- Designed to operate from 1.8 V to 5.5 V power supply
- Achieves a bandwidth of 242 MHz while providing low on-resistance, excellent on-resistance matching and flatness over the entire signal range
- High linearity reduces signal distortion, making them ideal for audio, video and USB signal routing applications
- Built on Vishay’s proprietary sub-micron high density process
- Low power consumption with reduced PCB spacing, allowing engineers to optimise valuable board space and maximise current usage
- Channel leakage is typically in the range of 10 pA
- Switch charge injection is less than 0.5 pC
- Low switch capacitance makes these devices ideal for high precision signal switching and multiplexing
- All switches conduct equally well in both directions, offering rail to rail analogue signal switching
- Can be used both as multiplexers as well as de-multiplexers, offering versatility for electronic designs