THE new 48W soldering station from Nicholson, and available from Farnell InOne , is designed to meet the needs of the electronic industry.
It incorporates a sophisticated electronic circuit which enables the user to change the tip temperature from 150ºC to 420ºC without the need to change the tip or heating element.
The temperature is maintained within ±6ºC of its preset temperature. This is made possible by a unique temperature sensor that is located near the tip, resulting in rapid response and little temperature variation.
The tip is isolated from the from the ac line by a transformer. Low voltage is utilised to power the heating element. Completely electronic switching protects voltage and current sensitive components against transient spikes.
Other features include:
* Digital temperature display, for preset and actual values.
* Continuous temperature regulation.
* Precise preset of the soldering temperature.
* Activity indication for heater.
* Flexible, heat resistant silicone cable.
* Long life quick change tip.
* Safety iron stand mounting at left or right of the station.
* Replacement tips available - Type pencil, 0.8mm, 1.2mm, 1.6mm.