Designed for the latest precision farming equipment, Zero-Max’s custom variable speed drives meter and dispense seed and fertiliser guided by global positioning systems. The custom drives provide accurate and repeatable settings to optimise the seeding and fertilising processes.
Designed to provide accurate and repeatable speed settings, Zero-Max custom variable speed drives are used as a prime mover connected to a motor, or as a secondary drive connected to a shaft in the machine’s driveline. When used as a prime mover, the drive acts as a variable speed device, and when used as a secondary drive, it becomes a variable ratio device. The drive permits slow or fast, small or large speed changes.
Robert Mainz, Zero-Max sales manager explains that precision farming management relies on observing and responding to intra-field variations. The custom drives utilise new technology such as geospatial tools coupled with innovative agricultural equipment to maximise returns on inputs while preserving resources.
When integrated into the latest agricultural equipment, Zero-Max custom variable speed drives make precision farming more efficient and profitable.
Key features of Zero-Max custom variable speed drives:
- Variable speed feature allows for more accurate settings for the map-based feeding and seeding process
- Can be designed to accommodate varying terrain and soil conditions where real-time changes in fertiliser output are required
- Flexible, reliable and precise seeding
- Helps accommodate the narrow time-window for best seeding
- Supports different application rates needed for various crops
- Available with many design options that handle different power inputs using chain, belt and couplings
- Compact and lightweight drive designs and special drive designs that mount easily in most positions also available