Zero-Max CD couplings available from Zero-Max Inc are designed with composite flex elements that are non-conductive in addition to their primary function.
Zero-Max CD non-conductive couplings now offer motion system designers a new option to arrest electrical current.
According to Robert Mainz, Zero-Max sales manager, several engineers have specified the CD couplings in systems that required the high performance CD coupling design because it was insulated against electrical current.
Apart from offering protection from stray electrical current, Zero-Max CD insulated couplings protect generators in a system from transferring lower reaction loads to the generator bearings.
The coupling’s composite discs withstand all types of environmental elements including temperature extremes from -40ºC to +70ºC in addition to moisture and chemicals.
Key features of Zero-Max CD couplings:
- Zero backlash, excellent for reversing loads
- Smooth operation at high speeds
- Compact size with a clamping system that fits most applications
- Long lifecycles, requiring less replacement over time
- Provides exceptional cost-effectiveness and reduced waste
- Available in many models and sizes, including custom designs for unusually large and challenging applications such as wind turbines
- Standard models and sizes include single and double flex models with clamp style hubs with or without keyways
- Torque capacities range from 40Nm to 1436Nm+ with speed ratings from 4400 RPM to 17,000 RPM
- Manufactured from RoHS compliant materials