Yokogawa Australia presents the YTMX580 multi-input temperature transmitters based on the ISA100.11a industrial automation wireless communication standard and featuring eight analogue input channels.
The ISA100.11a is an industrial automation wireless communication standard established by the ISA100 Committee of the International Society of Automation (ISA) to improve reliability, enable diverse applications, allow network expandability and offer high compatibility with wired communications standards such as FOUNDATION fieldbus.
Yokogawa is promoting the ISA100.11a standard and proposing the use of field digital networks that help companies achieve an ideal plant configuration by organically integrating wireless technology with existing wired communications networks.
Designed as field wireless solutions, YTMX580 temperature transmitters accept inputs from temperature sensors such as a thermocouple or resistance temperature detector (RTD) and convert them to an electric signal for transmission to a monitoring and control system.
According to Yokogawa Managing Director, Australia & New Zealand, John Hewitt, temperature transmitters find application in temperature profiling, which involves the use of several internally mounted temperature sensors to precisely grasp the temperature distribution inside a plant’s reactor, tank or boiler.
In the process automation field, a single temperature transmitter is usually installed for each measurement point. Where high-density temperature measurement applications such as temperature profiling are involved, a large number of single-channel temperature transmitters are required.
By supporting multiple input channels, YTMX580 temperature transmitters eliminate the need for customers to use as many transmitters, thereby reducing their initial installation costs and improving maintenance efficiency.
Yokogawa YTMX580 multi-input temperature transmitters find application in oil, natural gas, petrochemical, chemical, iron and steel, pulp and paper, electric power, water treatment and various process industries.
The wireless transmitters are used for high-density temperature measurement in process plant tanks, drying furnaces, boilers, motors, oil, natural gas and chemical plant cracking furnaces as well as distillation columns and reactors.
Key features of YTMX580 wireless temperature transmitters:
- Digital communications enable a single transmitter to output a great quantity of information, including data on device status
- Secure wireless technology allows customers to easily increase the number of measurement points without having to worry about time consuming and difficult wiring
- Wireless communications also allow transmitters to be easily installed in difficult-to-wire or economically unfeasible locations
- Secure wireless instrumentation reduces the overall cost of implementing a high-density temperature measurement application
- Industry-leading number of input channels consisting of eight temperature sensors
- Capable of accepting thermocouple, RTD, millivolt, resistance and 4-20 mA inputs
- Type of input can be independently configured for each channel
- Signals can be output to a monitoring and control system at intervals as short as one second when three channels or less are in use
- Signal output intervals can be as little as two seconds with four or more channels in use
- Powered by internal batteries that provide years of use under normal operating conditions
- Easy installation with the support of the ISA100.11a wireless communications standard