Yokogawa CA450 process multimeters offer the functionality of digital multimeters for basic measurements such as voltage, current and resistance in addition to acting as a calibrator for electrical and process measurements.
Offering specialised functions for repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of plant equipment, the CA450 multimeters are single-unit onsite measuring solutions that reduce the engineering load and improve plant efficiency by accomplishing tasks that have traditionally required two onsite measuring instruments.
Yokogawa CA450 process multimeters are true RMS digital multimeters with a basic measurement and generator accuracy of 0.05% as well as dedicated sensor modes for direct inputs from sensors such as AC/DC clamp probes.
Key features of Yokogawa CA450 process multimeters:
- Process-related features such as loop check as well as 4-20 mA output generation and measurement functions
- Loop check function, designed for tests on 2-wire transmitters allows the multimeter to supply 24 VDC power to the transmitter and measure DC output in milliamperes to 0.05% accuracy up to 30 mA
- HART mode with loop power and 250 ohm resistance allows HART and BRAIN communications to be tested
- Transmitter simulator function allows transmitter I/O to be checked by drawing in designated currents from the external voltage generators of the instrumentation
- 4-20 mA generator output includes span, step, auto-step and sweep capabilities
- Carries out operating checks and adjustments on valve positioners including zero and span adjustment, response testing using auto-step function and tests for hunting, sticking/slipping and valve open/close errors
- Controller programs can also be verified using the 4-20 mA step generation function, which switches between 4 and 20 mA in 4mA output steps
- Power supply peak-to-peak measurement with instantaneous detection in the DC voltage measurement mode
- AC/DC current measurement up to 180 A AC and 3000 A AC in sensor mode
- Can check panel meters for correct connection, reproducibility and errors
- Safe design with current terminal shutters to protect the operator and the instrument against incorrect connection
- Conforms to the 600 V CAT.IV and 1000 V CAT.III standards
- Optional adaptor allows the instrument to be linked with a PC with data transferred via an infrared USB interface