WriteRelease have outlined their views on the 2009 Safety In Action Conference, which will feature speakers who assist in shaping the direction of business management in Australia. Among them is Barry Sherriff, who will offer insights as a member of the National Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Review Panel and Professor Michael Quinlan, author of a 422-page expert investigation into OHS management at the Beaconsfield Joint Venture Gold Mine.
Other speakers will be Helen Marshall, Federal Safety Commissioner and John Merritt, Executive Director of WorkSafe Victoria. The conference will also hear from high-profile Australian business leaders, including Janet Holmes à Court and Geoff Knox, CEO of Downer EDI.
The keynote speakers will headline a programme of 72 local and international experts addressing 12 themes during the programme, which will include:
- Community and public Safety
- Corporate Governance and OHS Managers
- Defence OHS and emergency management
- Environment and sustainability - The evolving landscape
- Lessons from major incidents
- Managing safety in small and medium business
- Recruitment, labour hire and contractor management
- Risk management
- Safety education - for a safe Australia
- Safety culture and workplace behaviour
- 2020 summit on transport
- Wellness in the workplace
Jointly sponsored by WorkSafe Victoria and Downer EDI, the Safety In Action Conference 2009 will also mark the 60th anniversary of host, the Safety Institute of Australia. The Safety In Action trade show will be held concurrently.