Wormald , distributor of Scott & Sabre Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) products, have introduced a new Advanced Carrying System (ACS). The new ACS is set to become the industry standard carrier for SCBA in the marine, industrial and fire environments.
Scott’s ACS is a major breakthrough in SCBA carrying systems and offers the following benefits:
- Diminished user burden: With the new ThermoFlex technology, the ACS is the lightest in its class (2kg to 3.1kg without the mask and cylinder). The system also provides flexibility of movement and comfort due to a sculptured, soft back plate, which has been developed as a result of research carried out with osteopaths and fabric and industrial technologists.
- Easy decontamination: The back plate and harness can both be washed with turnout gear. The highly durable material will maintain its flame retardant qualities for 50 washes at 30 to40°.
- High performance pneumatics: The reliable pneumatics system comes with compact first breath activated demand valves including bypass. Removing the pneumatics simply requires rotating them by 90°, eliminating the need for tools.
- Lower through life costs: The system features corrosion resistant nickel-plated components as well as flame retardant webbing and cylinder band for further safety.
- Flexible solutions: A wide range of facemasks, cylinders and valve styles are available, allowing the system to be tailored to individual requirements. It is also possible to select from a range of materials with either padded or unpadded harnesses. A hard carrying case is a further option. With Class I and Class II approvals as well as achieving Australian Standard AS/NZS1716:2003, each system can incorporate compliance sets through to fully adjustable professional sets.