Microgard FR disposable fire retardant coveralls are now available from Workwear Industries Group , offering wearers protection to type 5 and 6 whilst ensuring certified peace of mind to workers in potential explosive and/or flammable environments.
Microgard FR has also been proven to decrease the risk of burn injury when worn over thermal protective workwear.
In addition to the excellent fire retardant properties of these disposable coveralls, the flame retardant treated sontara, woodpulp and polyester fabric used in the manufacture of Microgard FR is designed to allow water vapour (perspiration) to escape from the suit, helping to reduce the risk of heat stress.
Microgard FR fire retardant coveralls have been designed to be worn over an appropriately certified thermal protective garment (TPG), in areas with risk of flash fire and where additional disposable coverall protection from low level liquid spray and particulates is required.
This includes in applications such as:
- oil and petrochemicals
- petroleum distribution and processing; and
- type 5 EN ISO 13982 – Dry particle suit
- type 6 EN 13034 Reduced spray suit
- EN1073-2 Barrier to radioactive particulates – Class 1
- EN533 Limited flame spread materials and assemblies – Pass to Index 1/0
- EN1149-1 Anti-static; and
- EN ISO 13506.