A 2007 WorkSafe Award winner has been recognised as having Australia’s ideal solution to an identified Workplace health and safety issue.
Knoxfield company, EARS Australia, a 2007 WorkSafe Victoria Award winner, was recently recognised in the Safe Work Australia Awards in Canberra.
The awards recognise the successful entrants from Workplace health and Safety Awards, held in each state during 2007. EARS Australia received the Victoria WorkSafe Award last year for Best Solution to a Health and Safety Risk.
Congratulating EARS Australia for its work to reduce noise output from air-operated tools, WorkSafe Victoria’s Executive Director, John Merritt, said fighting hearing loss was an important health and safety issue.
“Innovations like these are reducing injury rates in Victoria and boosting quality of life. Getting involved in the WorkSafe Awards, by entering online this week will help recognise others, who are working hard to protect others.
John Merritt said the move to online entries in the 20th year of recognising Victoria’s safety heroes makes it easy to acknowledge individuals and organisations that are making workplaces safer.
“If you think you are doing a good job or have come up with a great safety outcome, we want to hear from you.”
This year’s categories
- Health and Safety Representative of the Year
- Health and Safety Committee of the Year
- Best Design for Workplace Safety
- Best Health and Safety Initiative for Small Business
- Best Solution for Preventing Musculoskeletal Disorders (formerly Sprains & Strains)
- Best Solution to a Health and Safety Risk
- Best Strategy for Health and Safety Management