Recognising outstanding efforts or even having a go is an important part of WorkSafe’s efforts to make Victorian workplaces even safer.
According to WorkSafe, that is why businesses, individuals, groups of workers health and safety representatives and unions should enter this year’s WorkSafe Awards. With workplace death and injury rates in decline, it’s important everyone keeps on top of potential safety issues and shares their knowledge and experience with others.
Solutions sometimes seem obvious, but what the awards show is new ways of doing things and imaginative thinking. The WorkSafe Awards help to spread the word that safe workplaces are better workplaces. In many cases it only requires a little thought and participation to make workplace safer.
The 2007 WorkSafe Awards will be presented on 23 October during Work Safe Week. Nominations are open now and close 11 May.
WorkSafe Victoria chose 23 finalists from more than 100 entries last year. This year’s Awards include a new category - Best design for workplace safety.
- Health and safety representative of the year
- Health and safety committee of the year
- Best health and safety initiative for a small business
- Best strategies for health and safety management
- Best solution to sprain and strain injuries
- Best solution to a health and safety risk
- Outstanding leadership and contribution to health and safety
Eds / journos:
- Health and Safety Representative of the Year: Brodene Wardley of Roche Mining, Hamilton;
- Health and Safety Committee of the Year: Central Highlands Water, Ballarat;
- Best Health and Safety Initiative for Small Business: Asema International, Ballarat;
- Best Solution for Sprains and Strains: The Age Print Centre, Tullamarine
- Best Risk Solution to a Health and Safety Risk: Australian Pacific Paper Products, Dingley;
- Best Strategies for Health and Safety Management: Hume City Council;
- Outstanding Leadership and Contribution: Dr Yossi Berger of the Australian Workers Union.
- Details of last year’s award recipients (below) are available on WorkSafe’s website under media releases.
The Awards Solutions Catalogue on the website. The catalogue contains all the information about award finalists and their entries from 2003 on.