Online entries have been introduced, by WorkSafe Victoria , to make it easier to enter the 2008 WorkSafe Victoria Awards.
“Recognising that many people can be bogged down with paper work and other duties, online entries make it easier to be part of this year’s awards, WorkSafe Victoria’s executive director, John Merritt said.
“The move to online entries in the 20th year of recognising Victoria’s safety heroes makes it easy to acknowledge individuals and organisations that are making workplaces safer.
“Since 1988, the WorkSafe Victoria Awards have put the most outstanding of these efforts into the spotlight.
“Other Victorian workplaces also benefit because they can find out about the best practice safety solutions via WorkSafe’s website where detailed summaries and video clips can be seen.
“If you think you are doing a good job or have come up with a great safety outcome, we want to hear from you.
“Sharing experiences and solutions is what makes workplaces safer.”
Take the four steps to becoming a workplace safety hero.
- Step 1 - Go online and log on to worksafe website
- Step 2 - Familiarise yourself with the categories, guidelines and terms and conditions
- Step 3 - Choose a category or categories and begin filling out the entry form/s and cross-reference with the guidelines
- Step 4 - Submit your entry/s to WorkSafe Victoria by Friday 9 May, 2008
This year’s categories
- Health and Safety Representative of the Year
- Health and Safety Committee of the Year
- Best Design for Workplace Safety
- Best Health and Safety Initiative for Small Business
- Best Solution for Preventing Musculoskeletal Disorders (formerly Sprains and
- Best Solution to a Health and Safety Risk
- Best Strategy for Health and Safety Management