Time is running out to enter this year’s WorkSafe Victoria Awards, which recognise quality in workplace safety. WorkSafe Victoria’s Executive Director John Merritt said having a go was an important part of the awards.
“Getting involved in workplace safety at any level helps individuals and businesses meet their objectives. Sharing what you have done and learned through the awards means others can also benefit.
“If you think you are doing a good job or have come up with a great safety outcome, we want to hear from you.”
For the first time, online entries have been introduced this year, making it easier than ever to take part. Entries close on 16 May.
A 2007 WorkSafe Award winner was recently recognised as having Australia’s innovative solution to an identified workplace health and safety issue.
Knoxfield company, EARS Australia won the award at the Safe Work Australia Awards in Canberra. The awards recognise the successful entrants from Workplace health and Safety Awards held in each state during 2007.
EARS Australia received the Victoria WorkSafe Award last year for Best Solution to a Health and Safety Risk.
This year’s categories:
- Health and Safety Representative of the Year
- Health and Safety Committee of the Year
- Best Design for Workplace Safety
- Best Health and Safety Initiative for Small Business
- Best Solution for Preventing Musculoskeletal Disorders (formerly Sprains & Strains)
- Best Solution to a Health and Safety Risk
- Best Strategy for Health and Safety Management