To this end, WorkCover NSW is dedicated to "promoting productive, healthy and safe workplaces for workers and employers in New South Wales."
This includes the administration of work health and safety, injury management, return to work and workers compensation laws, in addition to management of the workers compensation system.
Specifically, WorkCover NSW oversees:
- work health and safety
- licensing and registration of high risk activities
- workers compensation insurance
- workers compensation benefits
- sustainable return to employment for injured workers; and
- management of the Workers Compensation Insurance Fund.
The body has also compiled a Corporate Plan 2010-2015 that outlines key focus areas pegged for further development.
During this period, WorkCover NSW states that it will:
- increase its use of evidence to target prevention activities
- strengthen its focus on sustainable return to work outcomes; and
- provide effective fund and workers compensation system management to ensure its continued financial viability.