Wireless Data Solutions has introduced the GE MDS Intrepid.
The GE MDS Intrepid is a 48 Mbps capacity (air interface max speed)/18 Mbps capacity (Ethernet maximum speed), point-to-point, broadband wireless transmission system.
The GE MDS combines Ethernet and legacy TDM services for transmission over 5.8, 5.4, 4.9, and 2.4 GHz bands and is suitable for deployment in FCC-regulated countries.
Intrepid provides high performance and reliability. The interfaces ensure low BER, as well as low latency and full compliance with the jitter and wander requirements for T1 interfaces.
A transmission range of up to 80 km (50 miles) is available with an external antenna.
Intrepid consists of an outdoor unit (ODU) and an indoor unit (IDU or IDU-C). The outdoor unit is suitable for mast or wall installation. Mounting brackets are supplied with the unit.
- Point-to-point broadband encrypted wireless link
- Range - up to 80 km (50 miles)
- Operates at 5.8, 5.4, 4.9, and 2.4 GHz
- Air data rate of up to 48 Mbps
- High reliability and availability based on robust air interface protocol.
- Cellular Backhauling Intrepid connects between cellular base stations and controllers; provides up to four T1 interfaces. The IDU offers Ethernet only and Ethernet plus 2xE1. The IDU-C offers 2xEthernet and 4xE1
- Hot-Spot Backhauling provides a robust alternative to the last mile connection
- Broadband Access provides Ethernet and leased line services to Small and Medium Enterprises (SME)
- Wireless ISP Backhaul of their Point of Presence (POP) traffic to the network operation centre
- Remote Site Connectivity for enterprises with multiple sites that require a transparent connection of LAN and PBX systems across their various campuses.