Wireless Data Solutions has introduced the GE MDS NETio.
The GE MDS NETio is an integrated, scalable family of wireless communication products for analogue and discrete I/O signals.
NETio allows users to interface I/O signals using standard serial and IP/Ethernet protocols or regenerate I/O signals between PLCs, RTUs and control/monitoring devices.
Standard serial or IP/Ethernet payload communications for separate devices is also supported.
NETio provides a simple cost effective, out-of-the-box communications solution.
The NETio Base module integrates on-board I/O with a 900 MHz or a 2.4 GHz radio. Optional NETio Expansion modules attach to the Base module to accommodate a users’s specific I/O count.
GE MDS also embeds additional wireless connectivity called WeXP using the 802.15.4 standard.
WeXP allows expansion modules to be located up to 1000m from the Base module. Together, the NETio Base and expansion modules present deployment alternatives that are uniquely scalable to a user’s I/O count, distance and location requirements.
- 900 MHz or 2.4 GHz
- Serial and/or IP/Ethernet connectivity
- Transmit and regenerate I/O signals between devices
- Directly address I/O using protocols such as MODBUS, MODBUS TCP, DF1, or DNP.3 from a growing protocol library
- Concurrent IP/Ethernet or transparent serial payload communication for a separate RTU, PLC, or other peripheral device
- Optional short range wireless communication to distributed NETio Expansion modules via 802.15.4
- Expansion modules to increase I/O capacity of the Base module
- Expansion modules connect directly to the Base module or wirelessly via 802.15.4
- Expansion modules can be wirelessly distributed up to 1000m from the Base module.
- Protocol addressable I/O via serial or IP Ethernet
- Regenerate I/O signals between field devices and machines or controllers
- Payload SCADA communication for an RTU or PLC.