Richardson Electronics improves ultra-broadband circuit designs with the 550L Series UBCTM or ultra-broadband capacitors from American Technical Ceramics (ATC), designed to provide reliable and repeatable ultra-broadband performance from 16 kHz to over 40 GHz.
Key features of the ultra-broadband capacitors:
- Extended operating temperature range of -55ºC to +125ºC
- Suitable for defence/ aerospace applications
- One-piece, orientation-insensitive package
- Rugged ceramic construction
- Ultra-low insertion loss (< 0.5 dB)
- Flat frequency response
- Excellent return loss
- RoHS compliant terminations (gold-plated or tin-plated available)
The 100nF capacitors are ideal for DC blocking, coupling and feedback applications requiring ultra-broadband performance.
The applications include Receive and Transmit Optical Subassembly (ROSA/TOSA) circuits, trans-impedance amplifier (TIA) designs, optoelectronic high-speed data circuits (such as SONET), and broadband test equipment.
Datasheets and samples for the ATC 550L ultra-broadband capacitors are available from Richardson Electronics.