Whilst ERP systems generally result in significant efficiencies throughout the supply chain, the process of creating and distributing purchase orders, invoices and other supply chain documentation often remains an unsolved issue.
By automating forms processing with a specialised document output management system such as WilComm, businesses can extend the basic electronic forms capabilities of their existing ERP package to achieve greater efficiency and productivity whilst reducing document printing and distribution costs.
The main benefits of WilComm document output management software include:
- Automated forms processing
- Reduction or elimination of expensive pre-printed stationery
- Automated creation of electronic forms from any input data format e.g. TXT, PDF, Windows printer driver
- Intuitive, WYSIWYG method of form design including landscape/portrait formats, boxes, tables, logos, signatures and bar codes
- Fast, automated print, email and fax distribution in a choice of file formats e.g. TXT, PDF, CSV and XLS
- Automatic, digital archiving for fast storage and retrieval
Developed by Wilkinson, an independent software vendor, the WilComm document output management system is platform, printer and application-independent - no costly programming changes are required.
- iSeries(AS/400), Windows, UNIX, Linux and mainframe operating platforms
- most common ERP applications including SAP Business One, JDE, MAPICS, BPCS and IMAS
- all brands of printer including laser, inkjet, barcode, thermal, dot matrix and till slip
- popular fax servers (MESSAGEmanager, MS Fax Server, msXfax) and fax cards (Intel Dialogic, Brooktrout, Eicon Diva and TAPI compatible modems)
- SMTP and MAPI email servers
The WilComm document output management system consists of the WilComm Server and one or more service modules – print, fax, email, file and archive.
Just launched is an optional Excel Spreadsheet Builder add-on, which automatically creates financial summaries, sales reports etc. in native Excel format from both IBM iSeries (AS/400) spool files and MS Windows print jobs.
The automatic conversion of Windows and iSeries (AS/400) reports into true Excel format saves the time-wasting transcription of financial data from printed reports into spreadsheets and allows further manipulation of report data in Excel if required.