Wickham Plastics offers developed an injection moulded scalpel blade removal device that is capable of handling multiple blades and varieties of handles, from customer design drawings. The project included selection and testing of alternative materials (such as ABS, filled and un-filled Nylon, Acrylic,PP and Acetyl), prototyping, extensive die trailing and tool modification, ultra sonic welding, assembly and labelling.
Key features of the new container include:
- An optimised "rocker blade" remover incorporating a unique metal anvil
- for superior wear resistance;
- A complex "finger & ratchet" mechanism to automatically count the
- number of blades removed;
- A highly engineered "control gate and hook" system that shuts-off to
- prevent the insertion of additional handles once a pre-set volume of blades has been stripped
The project was completed within a 12 month time frame to meet domestic and export deliveries.