WHYTE-Hall Australia has introduced the Defender Uplight, a portable fluorescent lighting system from Europe. The Uplight comes in 18 watt and 36 watt models, the 18W is 240V ac and the 36W is available in 240V and 32V ac models.
* High output (3500 lumens) natural light source.
* Detachable reflector gives 180° or 360° lighting intensity options.
* Dual voltage operation from 110 to 277 volts model and 32V ac model.
* Multiple unit linking capability - up to 69 units from a 2.5kVA transformer.
* Stable, self-righting polypropylene base.
* Suitable for mounting on uneven ground.
* Extended lamp life of 20,000 hours (approx.).
In terms of electronic control gear (ECG), the high frequency dual voltage electronic ballast has a certified voltage range of 120 to 277 volts, although the unit will handle voltage drop down to 77 volts.
It also allows Uplight to accommodate any fluctuation in voltage when either run in series or with a poorly calibrated generator.