The PD Devices DSP 600 series surge protector devices from Westek Electronics provide comprehensive protection against incoming high voltage spikes and slower rise time disturbances for single phase (240 volt) and three-phase (415 volt) circuits. The DSP 600 devices are suitable for power lines carrying up to 100 amps and provide protection between phase, phase to neutral, phase to earth and neutral to earth. The DSP 600 series are parallel devices and are thus readily retro-fitted. They are suitable for main switchboard and sub-distribution board level installation.
Features of the surge protector include:
- The DSP 600 series surge protectors are two-stage devices
- Under normal low energy transient operation only the first stage will operate with automatic reset occurring after the transient has passed
- A green LED on the surge protector indicates that full protection is again available after the transient has occurred
- The indication on the surge protector is provided by a red LED and the device should be replaced
- Remote signaling options are available on the surge protector as NC or NO contacts in order to operate alarms
- The DSP 600 series surge protectors comply with the requirements of IEEE C62.41 1991, UL 1449-1985. and other international requirements