SCHAFFNER FN 2030-single stage, and FN 2090 two stage, single-phase EMC filters are available from Westek Electronics in a finely graduated range of currents to suit specific design requirements.
The chassis-mounting filters are ideal for a large variety of applications including consumer goods, household equipment, medical systems, electronic data processing equipment, electrical and electronically equipment, building automation, and small industrial applications.
The current ranges of the Schaffner FN 2030 and FN 2090 are 1A, 3A, 4A, 6A, 8A, 10A, 12A, 16A, 20A, (30A, FN2030 only) thus permitting designers to closely match the filter to their application. These Schaffner filters have the same superior quality good nickel plated housing as other existing models (see below) in the FN2000 series.
A salient feature of the new Schaffner FN 2030 and FN 2090 filters is their conducted attenuation performance which is due to the use of very high permeability core material in the series inductors.
The filters thus provide higher inductance per ampere of current rating but as importantly offer the same form factor. They are also available in standard -, safety - (A type) and medical versions (B type which do not have Cy capacitors) and can be optional equipped with an additional voltage surge protection.
The safety (A type) version has a typical leakage current of 40 microamps or less, and the medical (type B) version, 2 microamps or less.
The brief operating specifications are:
* Maximum operating voltage: 250V ac.
* Operating frequency: dc-400Hz.
* Rated current: 1 to 20A (30A for the FN 2090).
* Hi-pot test: ph-earth 2000V ac for 2 secs (2500V ac for medical B versions); ph-neutral 1100V dc for 2 secs.
* Temperature range (operating and storage): -25°C to 100°C.
* Design approvals/correspondence to: UL 1283, CSA 22.2 No 8-1986; EN 133'200, IEC 60939.