Westek Electronics presents the Schaffner RB Series current compensated chokes suitable for AC as well as DC power lines.
Designed for PCB mounting, the Schaffner RB Series chokes are suitable for AC (to 600 V AC) as well as DC (to 1000 V DC) power lines, allowing them to be used in inverters for drive applications, converters and photovoltaic panel circuits as well as charging stations for electric vehicles among other applications.
Available as one- and three-phase designs in horizontal and vertical construction for currents from 16 to 50A, the chokes can be continuously rated at 80 A (applies to 50 A devices) with forced cooling at 3 metres per second.
Rated at an ambient temperature of 60ºC, Schaffner RB Series chokes can achieve a minimum of 50% additional rating with forced cooling.
The pin-out of the chokes provides a simple layout of the circuit boards, minimising losses and increasing noise suppression, especially for applications at higher current levels.
Key features of Schaffner RB Series chokes:
- Air gaps and leakage paths designed for working voltages of up to 600Vac /1000Vdc
- Excellent linearity and saturation resistance
- Available with inductances between 0.25 and 1.0 mH per coil
- Exhibits attenuations of the order of 40 dB at 500 kHz
- Simple mounting makes the Schaffner RB series suitable for electronic devices subject to vibration
- Complies with RoHS and REACH requirements