New APS SixPac inverters from Westek Electronics are flexible, integrated IGBT based power assemblies with applications including motor controls, switch mode power supplies (SMPS), UPS, and welders. The inverters operate at frequencies in excess of 20kHz, and can be configured as a full bridge or three-phase bridge inverter mounted on an air-cooled or liquid-cooled heat sink. High switching frequencies on the inverters are achieved by the low inductance laminated bus structure, and optically isolated or fiber optically coupled gate drive interfaces.
Features of the APS SixPac inverters include:
- SixPac inverters provide built in protection features including over voltage, under voltage lockout, over current, over temperature and short circuit
- Optional airflow or liquid flow indicators are featured on the inverters
- Configurations include a choice of converter front ends, rectifier, half or full SCR control, with or without SCR gate firing boards and soft-start circuitry
- A choice of cooling methods, forced air or liquid is also available
- Customer-provided PWM with optically coupled or fiber optic links can be used as input to the IGBT interface
- Current feedback is provided by Hall effect transducers