World-leading electrical connectivity supplier, Weidmuller introduces a new gigabit WAN/LAN industrial Ethernet router offering advanced security features.
Designed to translate addresses between different networks using protocols such as port forwarding and 1:1 NAT or masquerading to protect Ethernet devices in hidden networks and ensure safe integration into the network, Weidmuller’s WAN/LAN industrial Ethernet routers also enable access to infrastructure from around the world, supporting up to 10 VPN connections using OpenVPN as well as IPSec technologies to deliver high-level security with minimum effort.
An in-built SPI firewall prevents unwanted remote network access while the fully functional firewall can be configured to meet individual rules for both Layer 2 (Ethernet) and Layer 3 (IP) transport to deliver top-level security. The intelligent firewall also has an auto-learning feature that adapts automatically to the network traffic it sees, providing inexperienced network people with highly effective protection. Generated rules can be edited or deleted.
The router is suitable for use in mining, road and transport, and water industries as well as for remote access for automation companies during commissioning and warranty.
Key features of Weidmuller’s WAN/LAN industrial Ethernet routers:
- Performance driven industrial security router is highly reliable and robust
- Supports Modbus TCP commands
- Two digital inputs and outputs for functions and alarms
- Gigabit WAN/LAN ports enable high-speed throughput of data in corporate networks
- Uses SIM card memory for external backup and for restoring the system's configuration, ensuring peace of mind
- Operable in temperatures from -20°C to +70°C
- Conveniently runs on minimal power from 7V to 36Vdc
- Can be battery or solar operated at fixed installations or on vehicles
- Housed in a rugged DIN rail mount case to withstand demanding environments
- Easy to set up
- Available with a three-year warranty