Electrical connectivity giant Weidmuller has launched a new range of surge protection devices compliant with the latest standard AS/NZS 5033:2012 to protect photovoltaic systems.
The world-leading Weidmuller VPU DC surge protection series has been specially designed for photovoltaic systems found on the roofs of industrial and commercial buildings. Independently tested by CTI in Austria, the series complies fully with the latest international as well as local requirements.
Weidmuller’s surge protection devices are available in Type I and Type II options with the range including 600, 1000, 1200 and 1500 VDC models. Type I provides surge protection for use with external lightning protection systems while Type II delivers surge protection to installations that have no external lightning protection.
Designed to deliver exceptional performance, the range combines varistor and gas discharge technology to provide sustainable protection. Together with the newly designed thermal fuse system, the range offers maximum reliability in lightning and surge voltage protection to help safeguard both assets and people.
Key features of Weidmuller VPU DC surge protection devices series:
- Each VPU module is easily and quickly pluggable providing complete flexibility and convenience
- New mounting rail clip enables simple and fast assembly and removal without needing tools
- Can also be rotated 180° in the electrical/control cabinet to ensure high degree of flexibility during installation without impacting overall visibility
- Large central status display window is easy to read with status of protective function seen at a glance
- Red flag alert in status window indicates that the device needs to be changed
- Quick replacement enabled thanks to plug-in connectors, eliminating the need to disconnect any wiring
- Sophisticated alarm function that notifies users via a mechanical relay is available on all models
- Thoroughly tested and qualified to provide maximum lightning and surge voltage protection and reliability