Leading worldwide electrical connectivity supplier, Weidmuller has launched a new range of surge protection devices that meet the latest global IEC standards while exceeding Australian standards.
The all-new lightning and surge protection VPU series meets the current IEC 61643-11 and EN 61643-11 standards, ensuring that users are ready for any future engineering design requirements saving both time and money.
Designed to deliver exceptional performance, Weidmuller’s comprehensive VPU range includes models for Category C3 to A for energy networks with about 200 variants available to ensure optimal choice for users. The range also includes products for photovoltaic facilities and wind power installations.
Weidmuller’s surge protection devices combine varistor and gas discharge technology to provide sustainable protection. Together with the newly designed thermal fuse system, the new surge protection series offers maximum reliability in lightning and surge voltage situations to help safeguard both assets and people.
The new VPU series of surge protection devices is ideal for use in building facilities, machine construction, process technologies and renewable energies, helping users safeguard equipment effectively against lightning and voltage surges.
Key features of Weidmuller’s VPU series surge protection devices:
- Each VPU module is easily and quickly pluggable for flexibility and convenience
- New mounting rail clip enables simple and fast assembly and removal without tools
- Can be rotated 180° in the electrical/control cabinet to ensure high degree of flexibility during installation without impacting overall visibility
- Each VPU module locks firmly into position on the base of the mounting rail using an innovative locking mechanism
- Arrestor lock ensures the unit can withstand vibration and meets the exacting requirements on vibration resistance set by wind turbine manufacturers
- Large, central status display window allows users to see at a glance the status of the protective function
- Sophisticated alarm function notifies users via a mechanical relay
- Self-monitoring capabilities allow users to be informed about replacement
- 'Y' type wiring connection provides a separate in/out connection to 120A using 100kA models with a 50mm² stranded wire cable entry
- Thoroughly tested and qualified to provide maximum lightning and surge voltage protection and reliability