Weidmuller now have a gigabit-capable family of connectors for industrial Ethernet available, all featuring SteadyTec technology and based on a modular platform concept.
These new fully shielded gigabit-capable connectors require no tools for termination and assembly in the field, support transmission rates of up to 10 Gbit, and are Cat. 6 capable.
The compact dimensions of the modular, variant 4 industrial Ethernet line housing are comparable to those of an M12 connector, and the housing is designed to accept a range of inserts, such as RJ45 and fibre-optic inserts.
The RJ45 connectors, with IP67 rating, support all the different industrial ethernet protocols on the market, and the fibre-optic connectors are equipped with a rapid termination technique and can be utilised for 50µm and 62.5µm Plastic Optical Fibre (POF), Plastic Cladded Fibre (PCF) and Glass Optical Fibre (GOP). By using copper or fibre-optic cables, users can cover distances of a few meters through to several kilometres.
Key features of these industrial ethernet connectors include:
- no tool termination and assembly in the field
- robust, stable, high-quality plastic and die-cast zinc housings
- vibration proof, shock proof and resistant to mechanical stresses
- 100% waterproof housing
- optimum protection of copper and fibre-optic inserts
- housing material for every application
- housing resistant to dirt, electrolytes, acids, grease and oils
- SteadyTec plastics and metals which can be utilised reliably in acid temperatures from -40°C to +70°C.