Watson-Marlow Bredel has launched a new range of easy-loading, low-flow peristaltic pumpheads for industries that demand a high level of hygiene.
The 114 pumphead has been designed by Watson-Marlow Alitea in response to calls for an advanced, low-flow pumphead in a compact configuration.
The new peristaltic pumpheads complement Watson-Marlow's existing 313 pumphead, which has been used in applications ranging from milkshake vending to medical equipment and machinery.
The low-flow pumpheads are built for durable performance with strong materials to provide chemical/detergent resistance and temperature stability, while fixings and ball bearings are manufactured from high-grade stainless steel.
Gentle tube handling ensures tube life is maximised at all times.
Model 114 peristaltic pumpheads find application in a range of sectors including medical device manufacturing, biotech, pharmaceutical and instrumentation as well as chemical and food industries.
Key features of the 114 peristaltic pumpheads:
- Inherent safety features eliminate need for operator adjustments
- Provides long-term robust and trouble-free running
- Flow rates up to 340ml/min can be achieved at 400rpm using 4.8mm bore tube
- Universal drive connection to suit 6-10mm drive shafts
- Rotor movement can be witnessed through windows in the front of the unit as an additional safety feature
- Custom colours, logic off switch and rotation sensor can be fitted to provide additional safety
- Compact design with simple installation
- Suitable for multiple individual pumphead installations
- Measures only 64mm x 64mm x 41mm
- Four rollers for reduced pulsation
- Spring-loaded tube holders with automatic tube stretching for high accuracy and repetitive flow and pressure performance
- Intuitive operation eliminates need for special training
- Tubing can be loaded using one hand in seconds
- Easy-to-clean design that is free of potential dirt traps to ensure high levels of hygiene