Watson-Marlow Bredel has won a 5-year framework agreement (with a 2-year option) for the design, supply, installation and commissioning of peristaltic pumps for Yorkshire Water Services (YWS).
The framework agreement relates to the use of Watson-Marlow Bredel SPX range of hose pumps by YWS for the handling of primary, secondary, digested and thickened sludge.
Watson-Marlow Bredel was selected on the basis of its ability to meet the stringent supply chain demands of YWS and its contract partners that included technical competence, excellent levels of service as well as commitment to the continuous improvement of its products and services throughout the life of the agreement.
Watson-Marlow Bredel Water Industry Specialist Philip Bolton says that the framework agreement strengthens the longstanding relationship between the two companies.
Watson-Marlow and its associated companies have been supplying their pumps to Yorkshire Water for over 26 years. YWS has purchased a total of 180 pumps for both chemical dosing and sludge treatment applications.
Key advantages of Watson-Marlow SPX hose pumps:
- Excellent performance in abrasive sewage sludge pumping and water treatment processes
- Composite, braided nylon reinforced hose element of the pump is designed to handle sewage sludge as well as various viscous, fibrous and abrasive materials
- SPX design allows rapid hose changing when required as well as simple maintenance
- Overload protection and enhanced corrosion resistance
- Achieves and maintains accuracy to within ±1%
- Ability to handle additives such as lime slurry and easily damaged filamentous flocculants