Watson-Marlow Bredel Pumps introduces a long-life tubing range built for harsh chemical applications.
The Gore high-resilience Style 400 pump tubing is an expanded PTFE multi-layer tubing featuring high-performance Viton filler that maintains a stable flow rate for thousands of hours while pumping aggressive chemicals.
Style 400 expanded PTFE multi-layer tubing is constructed to specifically withstand aggressive chemicals such as concentrated acids including nitric and sulphuric acid as well as aromatic hydrocarbons including toluene and xylene.
Style 400 pump tubes achieve consistent flow rates at continuous pressures of 4 bar throughout their lifetime.
Style 400 multi-layer pump tubing owes its resilience to Viton GF-600S, a peroxide-cured fluoroelastomer based on advanced Dupont polymer architecture.
Performance tests conducted on Style 400 pump tubing proves that it offers longer life than conventional non-reinforced extruded Viton or Fluorel tubes, according to Watson-Marlow.
Style 400 multi-layer tubing is suitable for applications such as hydrocarbons pumping in the nuclear industry, nitric acid pumping in dairies, toluene pumping in automotive screw lock application, solvent-based inks, hydrocarbon-based polymer dosing and a number of other sectors using chemicals.
Key features of Style 400 multi-layer tubing:
- Expanded PTFE reinforcement allows tubing to offer burst resistance, preventing aggressive fluids being released to the environment
- Currently available with internal diameters ranging from 1.6mm up to 12.7mm and wall thickness from 1.6mm up to 4.8mm
- Ideal for providing reliable metering of aggressive chemicals and increased process consistency
- Suitable for diverse industrial applications in the nuclear industry, dairies and automotive sector
- Helps make peristaltic pumps the natural choice for aggressive chemicals