Watson-Marlow Bredel , a specialist manufacturer of peristaltic pumps introduces the PetroProof pump, a new range of industrial high-pressure hose pumps designed for pumping petrochemicals such as hydrocarbons and oils.
PetroProof industrial hose pumps utilise a new, proprietary oil-resistant hose material that serves as an alternative to the commonly used rubber, which has a very short lifetime.
PetroProof hoses are available for a range of Watson-Marlow Bredel pump types including SP/10, SP/15, SP/20 and SP/25 models.
Watson-Marlow Bredel hose pumps are designed such that the product does not come into contact with any metal or moving pump parts, making them ideal for handling abrasive as well as corrosive products.
PetroProof industrial hose pumps come in a range of hose sizes designed using finite element modelling (FEM) to ensure maximum performance under a range of service loads.
PetroProof hoses are optimised for compression force, internal pressure and expected lifetime.
With no valves or seals to clog, PetroProof hose pumps require minimal maintenance, resulting in reduced downtime and providing a cost-effective alternative to traditional diaphragm, progressive cavity or rotary lobe pumps.
Key features of Watson-Marlow Bredel peristaltic pumps:
- Metering pumps with repeatability at 99.5%
- Integral digital drives and displays in washdown enclosures in several models
- Self-priming pumps that can accommodate flow rates from 0.1 microlitre to 350 gpm
- Extremely durable, withstanding pressures up to 232 psi
- No internal universal joints, valves, dead corners or glands to impede flow
- Pumps are reversible for back-flushing lines
- Can run dry indefinitely without damage
- Provides up to a 30-foot suction lift