WATLOW designs and fabricates complete thermal heating systems to meet an organisation’s unique process system application requirements.
Watlow is the only designer of electric thermal systems to manufacture all of the major components in the thermal system heaters, sensors, controllers and software, and therefore Watlow Process Systems provides the most effective system for a company’s needs.
Thermal systems from Watlow are made up of components that have all passed the same high standards of quality control testing.
Watlow’s engineers work hand-in-hand with a company’s technical staff to ensure the system is designed to exacting specifications.
Prior to manufacturing, project designs are submitted to the client for approval, ensuring the system complies with local and international technical standards.
Watlow Process Systems knows that unplanned downtime creates a significant loss to a company, so they use design features such as:
* Oversized enclosures on flange heaters with distribution blocks for feeder wire connections
* High temperature, standoff enclosures and 200°C (392°F) wiring
* ASME Section VIII Code stamping for both the flange heater and vessel
* ASME Section IX qualified welders and weld procedures
* High alloy fabrication when required in alloys 800, 600 and others
* Heavy vessel saddle supports and lifting lugs on heaters, vessels and skid assemblies
* Complete mechanical and electrical integration of valves, pumps, blowers, meters or other process flow components and instrumentation
* UL 508 listed control panels
* Multi-loop process and PLC controllers
* Complete I&M packages with component manuals and detailed CAD drawings.
Watlow Process Systems also knows that project delays are costly. Whenever possible, they recommend that systems be skid-mounted, interconnected and factory tested prior to shipment, to allow quick field installation and start-up.
On-site technical reviews, training and start-up commissioning can be provided on short notice by factory engineers or local field representatives.
Watlow Process Systems builds systems to the following international standards and certifications:
* ANSI BASEEFA IEC SEMI S2
* API CE JIC SSPC
* ASHRAE CENELEC NEC TEMA
* ASME CSA NEMA UL
* ASTM FM NFPA US MIL STDS