Warsash Scientific has introduced PerkinElmer’s new TPS 23B thermopile sensor as part of the TPS 23x family for low-cost remote temperature measurement applications.
The TPS 23B is a miniature sensor in PerkinElmer’s isothermal metal housing in TO-46 size. This patented housing technology provides the sensors with extremely stable signals during rapid ambient temperature changes typical in demanding medical applications. It is especially suited for ear thermometer solutions and other high precision temperature sensing applications.
Features and benefits:
- RoHS compliant – Si-chip made by standard CMOS processes
- Large output voltage
- High signal to noise ratio
- 5.5 µm IR longpass filter
- Outside window allows thermal shock free mounting of sensor into ear thermometer speculum
- Stable signal in the case of ambient thermal shock due to Isothermal housing
- and flash gold coating for minimal thermal emission within cap.